Saturday, June 11, 2011

Plates, Spoons and the Forks for our Chicken

Guimaras Philippines 
Guimaras Island is a favored destination by both foreign and domestic tourists because of its picturesque beaches, waterfalls, springs, off shore islets, and its famous mangoes, which is considered one of the sweetest in the world. Guimaras is an island province of the Philippines located in the Western Visayas region. Among the smallest and youngest provinces, its capital is Jordan. The island is located in the Panay Gulf, between the islands of Panay and Negros. (source)


The controversy of gaining a complexion similar to most of American Superstars- white, smooth and basically absent from flaws (except freckles ^^) is the primary force that fuels my persistence to become equally fair as them. I decline any offer of hourly beach happiness since I have been constantly feeding my skin with Gluta-C (a popular brand of soap that promises to whiten Filipinos' tan color) and Shark Oil (hahaha). However, when I heard about a "free trip", my parsimonious character ruled my decisions. 


But I didn't regret my choice. The beauty I have seen in Guimaras, Philippines made me forget of my mantra. (But I never left my head cap just so I can protect my face). The island hopping, which was one of my first time experiences, was fulfilling. There was an island which is bigger than the other four we have visited. It was owned by a German who married a Filipino abroad because their man-to-man marriage was not allowed in our country. They died few years ago and the island was left to the care of the Filipino's family. We went up their summer house which was a magnificent view from our boat. When we climbed it up, I was even convinced of the silent beauty Philippine islands possess.

1 comment:

  1. Girrrrrl, embrace your tan skin! As an American, I will tell you that everyone LOVES my tan Filipino/Guamanian skin! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...