Sunday, June 10, 2012

Take Me Away

As some of you may already know, I really want to travel so badly.
I like the feel of running away, of living in a different place and you know, just for a few months, leave my oh-dearest hometown.

I've considered au pair programs as inspired by my friend Orla who is 
now living the dream in Canada. 
As of this moment, 2 families sent me their interests. 
I should be jumping up and down for joy.

But there's what we call Visa my friends. 

The families are both from Spain and I have to get a student Visa. 
I have to enroll in some sort of Spanish language class. Plus au pairs are the ones who 
should pay for their own airfare, too bad I'm not earning a single centavo right now.

So, I googled for other ways to go abroad. And yes, I'm that desperate.

I found out about CouchSurfing which is really nice for my backpacking plans. 
That would save me and my friend some extra money and will surely save us from the possibility of sleeping in McDonald's or the bus stop.

But apparently, I'm not contented with backpacking. 
So again, I googled for volunteer/teaching programs abroad.


And these are the facts that nearly broke my heart:

1. Most of what I found require volunteer teachers to be 
native English speakers, which I am not.

2. They call it volunteering, but bloody Merlin, you still need to pay them!


For now, I'm sticking with my backpacking goal.
 I'm taking desperate measures here for as you may all know, since I blurted it out somewhere in this post, 
I'm broke and jobless. 
So my friends, 
here's the tricky/funny part:

if you are kind enough to donate any amount to fund my backpacking trip,
 I would be really, really and forever grateful and you will be included in my list of 
shower-them-with-good-karma.

I know I'm not in the best position to ask this, 
but oh please, 
even 5 dollars would be greatly appreciated! 
Haha. Okay, you don't really need to give me anything, but just in case.
Please click this.

P.S. Do you know other ways in which I can go abroad 
for free or in a minimal cost? 
Thanks in advance!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I will donate. What exactly do you want to accomplish while you are gone? There are ways you can volunteer other than tecahing english and traveling abroad even if its for 6-12 weeks. Check this out. If its not for you then try something else. Are you going by yourslef? I will def donate! Let me know what pops up. Do you have a like for sure plan or your just going! how exciting! i wana know the details!1 ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't fret my friend. I suffer from travel lust too but you will find a way to see the world, i hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! for the moment I sing in Italian and in spanish...I am happy you like my voice:) how are you....I found this site for you http://www.iapa.org
    have a look! they organize au pair and cultural exchange programmes...let me know...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...