Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Fourth Kind

When I was a kid, I remember a teacher telling us, "Life is too complicated, if you think about it too much, you will surely go crazy." And she's not talking about paying bills, meeting deadlines and crazy boyfriends. She's talking about life beyond the blue and the green that we see everyday.


Men thought back then that they are the center of everything. Then they discovered the universe. I watched the movie The Fourth Kind and thought for several weeks that everything there was true. Then my friend showed me an internet article of how unrealistic the movie was. But really, how about the idea of aliens? And news about UFOs flooding the local TV can be really confusing and scary. 

Then we have Religion. Science versus God. Faith versus will power. Jesus versus Allah.  I can go on and on and I feel sick. I've read somewhere that what we believe in greatly depends with our culture. You might have been born in Europe and grew up believing about Jesus or raised in Middle East praising Allah. Or you can even come from the farthest corner of the Earth believing only in yourself for survival and without the idea of any of these beliefs. 

My friend told me it's worldly knowledge that made me doubt the reality behind me, being a Roman Catholic. I call it rational insight. My mother would seriously cringe hearing these words from me. Philippines is 90%  Roman Catholics, 99% of the people I know belong in that percentage. I'm not an atheist. I know that there is something/someone out there greater than anything we know that made it possible for everything to happen. But I refuse to frame it/him into a specific doctrine set by people. I believe in goodness, in loving and miracles. And that's enough.



Have you also wondered about reincarnation? The goosebumps of deja vus? Or of lucid dreaming? The possibility of leaving our tangible bodies and joining the nothingness, the other souls and the other dimensions? Those alone create goosebumps and are pretty good head crackers.

Then we also have mysteries behind friendships, love and Zen. 

It's a pretty amazing life, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. It all kinda makes my head spin when I think about it too much!:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...