Friday, September 21, 2012

Words. The Real Words.

For the past few days, I have been an article writer for some websites. Which means I have to write about topics that do not really interest me. Some of them I have only heard for the first time in my 21 years. I am now a robot copying texts from the internet, pasting them into Microsoft word and analyzing boring details out of those boring paragraphs and writing boring articles that 90% of the time, I still can't understand. Oh well.....

So thank you so much Kate. Your blog saved me. I was reunited with literature. The authentic kind of writing. I need to be exposed to these things. Often. I now write horribly. Sorry. The texts below were compiled by my friend Kate and were originally posted in her blog Marginalia. Here they are:

She was twenty, for God's sake. She must be allowed to grow up. 
By the time they were her age, most of the heroines of literature had lived, 
loved and even died...
if she wanted to be a heroine, it was time to start behaving like one. 


- Robyn Sisman


"I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. 
And it's these things I'd believe in, 
even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn't all she should be. 
I love her and it is the beginning of everything."

- F. Scott Fitzgerald


"I’m the girl who is lost in space, the girl who is disappearing always, forever fading away and receding farther and farther into the background. 
Just like the Cheshire cat, someday I will suddenly leave, 
but the artificial warmth of my smile, that phony, clownish curve, the kind you see on miserably sad people and villains in Disney movies, 
will remain behind as an ironic remnant. 
I am the girl you see in the photograph from some party someplace or some picnic in the park, the one who is in fact soon to be gone. 
When you look at the picture again, I want to assure you, I will no longer be there.
I will be erased from history, like a traitor in the Soviet Union. 
Because with every day that goes by, I feel myself becoming more and more invisible." 

- written by Elizabeth Wurtzel




There you go fellows. Mishto! ^_^


2 comments:

  1. Great post! ^_^ I love reading your blog :)

    I'm a new follower! :) You are awesoe, keep it up! :) Looking forward for your new post and hoping you'll check and follow my blog too ^_^


    Btw, if you are looking for an acrylic cosmetic organizers and jewelry organizers for a cheaper price, You might check my blog post (http://thepiinkrouge.blogspot.com/2012/10/miss-bella-ph-acrylic-cosmetic.html) ..it may help you :) Their 3 layers of acrylic drawers like the MUJI one, will be available this month. Hoping you'll check check my blog. God Bless you :)

    http://thepiinkrouge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...