Sunday, October 2, 2016

Memory Pills on Sale




I promised that I'd buy you a happy meal from Jollibee. 
I had my chicken joy and spaghetti. 
Almost went home without your take away.
 I forgot.

I'm supposed to buy you a banana nutella crepe in the park.
 I had a burger, a pizza and fries.
Went home without your crepe.
 I forgot.

I got a new key for the apartment. 
Was glad the doorknob was fixed. 
You came home with your old key and were locked out. 
I forgot.

I'm supposed to cook for the two of us. 
Made a meal for one and you're forced to eat the food from last night. 
I forgot.



My memory is mixed up. 
I got loneliness, anxiety, 50 pages of pep talk, frustration, thirst for adventure, 
homesickness and a brokenheart stuck in my temporal lobe. 

They took the space away from 
bring the keys, turn off the gas range, wash the pots, sign the overtime sheet and buy her the bread reminders.


You are not unimportant. 
I am just much more important to me.

 No
Not egotism.

 My pride is a 10 ml free sample compared to those 1 liter vanity kits others carry around with them.

I can swallow my pride, bottoms up, all the way. 

'Til the last drop.

But.

 "I am" is my foundation

Because I took care of me.
 I cooked crappy meals for me for years.
 I took me to boring and cheap dates on my birthdays.
 I hugged me with every heartbreak. 
I gave me a gentle pat on the back before and after many awkward job interviews. 
I made me several warm mugs of hot chocolate on lonely nights

It has always been me. 

So sorry if I am failing on my human being skills too often.
I forgot it's not just me this time.
 I forgot I am not the only one needing a warm drink or a pat on the back. 

Sorry, I forgot.


1 comment:

  1. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...