Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Sunny!

Miss portable sunshine. A lot has changed. I am even looking at a different kind of sun as I write this. It is still the same sun that the Earth orbits, scientifically speaking.





 However, I am miles away from home and the tropics that I have known for 25 years and that makes the same sun a little bit less of a happy yellow than I remember it to be. The desert sun is a dusky yellow maybe because of the sand or the orange bricks buildings are made of or chemistry or sorcery and I do not really love it this way.

 They tell me, "You've chosen the wrong country." 

But do we all have the luxury of choosing? When does a choice become the better option? Does its value become better if we base it on our needs rather than our desires or the other way around?

 The lucky ones seem to have it both though or is it another case of seeing the cup as half full rather than half empty?

 I do have a lot of "or" and "maybe" on my writing these days because I am so unsure of so many things. Or maybe because I have learned that this story, as I see it, is way different than how the Indian man sitting next to me sees it. 

Whatever comes after this and though it may turn out to be a bit off yellow or a bit much of an orange, I still would like to keep that same sun. 

And I am claiming this, I am and will still be, miss portable sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...