Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Greeting Cards

I used to open some old envelopes from my mother’s closet when I was a kid.
I love to read the long-hand letters written by papa to mama. I found pleasure reading postcards from people I really don’t know.  I love to read how they say they love my mama, that they miss their moments together and that they’re wishing everybody a good life.








I especially adore this card and kept it without my mama’s permission for almost 10 years now. The card was sent by someone named Baby. I don’t know her. I didn’t even ask my mama who she is because if I did, she’ll find out I’ve been sneaking on her stuffs. But the card told me she’s a close college friend and she’s been living in the US for a very long time. And that she sent this card approximately 10 years after they graduated college.









Now, I found myself with the need of writing those kinds of letters too. 
I’m not a big fan of emails. I grew up receiving snail mails from mama who worked abroad since I was 5. The feeling of opening an envelope and knowing that it traveled thousand of miles is exceptional, I get goose bumps and heart flutters that I’ve never felt while opening random emails.


Someone said that the friends you had in college are the ones who’ll stay as your friends forever. The friends I had are one of the blessings I had accidentally received in my four years in the university. They’re the  kind of people that you didn’t even had a time to make eye contact with on the first day and then, the following months, became the people who you can’t eat lunch without and the ones who made life struggles so much easier.

Days from now, they’ll be going back to their lives before college. Go back to their hometowns. Fly to a different city. Migrate to a different country. And just like me, they’ll also start completely different lives to places and circumstances directed by their fates.
 I know that promises will be made to not forget each other, to still keep in touch and keep everyone in their hearts. But distance will still be as it is, a very wide space that will let us meet new people and learn life anew.


And that is why I took a lot of pictures; dared to do some grand adventures; laughed at random stupid jokes; shared scary secrets; accepted that I was naive and crazy; made some random dreams and started the process of creating myself. These things I wouldn't have done without your amazing company.

Let’s keep each other in our hearts and always know that I love you.

sige, bal-an ko corny and senti much. kadlawe nyo na ko. bahaha. but from the heart ni dudes. lab you!!!

5 comments:

  1. Grabe k man ronz...di ka man ta ya pagkalimtan...gin special mention mo gid ko da daan...hehe...i know we'll still get in touch after oath taking...if you need any help, just a text or message away and i'll reply ASAP...hehe...luv yah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are two mandarin ducks coursing two different rivers. Our future varies, but old sames don't change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the greeting cards make me cry :)
    I like your blog, so I follow you now :)
    Follow back maybe? :)
    http://coldinvitation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post. Your blog is super cute! I cant wait to read future posts.
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...