Friday, July 20, 2012

You've Got to Choose Something at Some Point

I heard about the cliche of being stuck somewhere in your existence. 
Midlife crisis, search for meaning, spiritual awakening or soul searching...
you know the trend.

I'm 21 and I'm pretty scared of what's gonna happen
 and what's NOT gonna happen.
Sometimes, 
I am pressured to do something, 
to risk something and 
to just let go of any insecurities I have 
and start to live a life that I won't be regretting years from now.

20s is the decade where you must make this major decision of choosing between
setting a stable career 
OR 
cultivating personal growth.
Choosing career will push you to set your vision into what's socially acceptable, 
what's right and what's gonna sustain your shampoo, soap and morning cereals-- 
practicality---
that simple but also as PLAIN as that.

Choosing Personal Growth leads you to what may not be socially acceptable,
 what may not be right and 
what may lead you to days of scavenging can goods.
 It's pretty scary because it isn't practical and it isn't safe.
 But that careless courage of accepting the possibility of eating can goods forever is pretty awesome.
Especially if you're born human.

I'm quoting Taylor for this:

"I don't know what I want, so don't ask me
Cause I'm still trying to figure it out
Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking
Trying to see through the rain coming down"

Welcome aboard fellow soul searchers!
And I just learned a new word, Mishto and that's awesome in Gypsy language

2 comments:

  1. i think there are ways to do both. i personally did some sort of hybrid. i graduate college, i have a career, but i also focus a lot on my blog, marriage, and relationships. i moved out on my own, bought a home, got married, and moved to another state (apart from my husband) all before truly having a stable career. 21 was right when i got my first job and when i panicked because i couldn't find one again and took a crappy job. i also bought a house that year :D

    anyhow - good luck, and no matter what you choose, do what makes you happy. remember it's not black and white and you can mix and match from both worlds.

    <3 katherine
    current giveaway : http://www.ofcorgisandcocktails.com/2012/07/crave-jewelry-design-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...