Sunday, May 27, 2012

Oh the Hype

Mabuhay! (In English, that's like hurray/welcome). Mabuhay Ronida, welcome back into writing another post, I just thought you'll be gone forever and I know it's not possible because you just can't help it.

The hype which started just last week all over the world and yes, even in this little city of ours is the American Idol. It's not really a big thing over here in the Philippines because obviously, we're not Americans. But we do know some idols and in my case, I'm kinda in love with Carrie Underwood (oh...the drama in my head everytime I hear Jesus Take the Wheel)

So why do Filipinos began to go gaga over AI? Yeahhhh, it's all because of Jessica, our oh so lovely and superduper talented Jessica Sanchez who made several of my friends grumpy the whole day after Phillip Phillips (is that spelled correctly??!?!) won first.

Everyone suffered DABDA over the result (Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance---- the famous process of grieving and up to this point, no one's willing to go into the ACCEPTANCE stage). Who won't? Just see for yourself, it's pretty epic!



Filipinos just go into a riot in supporting a co-Filipino internationally. I seriously think the whole Philippines is at peace whenever Manny Pacquiao has a fight. I swear, it's a holy hour and that happens at home too! Everything must freeze into absolute unimportance, even lunch (my most favorite part of the day) as soon as Pacquiao starts to box some Latino and American because my dearest father has to concentrate with the historic fight. 

I know this sounds so bitter because I have ZER000000 interest in boxing. The only time I'm actually happy about it is when Pacquiao wins the fight and I can finally watch my favorite Sunday show.

Oh, yes, we're talking about Jessica. Do you understand that feeling? We really don't know her personally and would probably won't mind even if she's a champion or whatsover. But because she's half Pinoy half Mexican, we can fight to death just to make her win. You know what, IF ONLY Philippines have the ability to vote, I am 109% sure Jessica is the champ with a million votes ahead of Phillips. 

I feel this girl, so much I just want to hug her!

   

PS. Another hype! I finally went to Starbucks, it's my first time dude! But that's another post! :D


5 comments:

  1. oh i LOVED that performace by jessica...goosebumps were definitely present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's definitely so talented,,
    i only watched this season of american idol once. from the hotel room and totally worn out, and i didn't realize it was american idol and it was the final.gahaha. but that girl really gave me goosebumps when she sang

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had watched Jessica Sanchez since she was just a youtube star. She has an amazing voice and she is so talented. I know that American Idol was big in the Philippines back when Jasmine Trias was on. She's Filipino/American and she and I used to sing together so I know she ended up doing some performances and commercials in the Philippines.

    ♥ Duckie.

    http://frikkenduckie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh. that performance was so amazing. jessica got robbed of the title for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i only heard her sing I will always love you. fell in love and never watched another episode because i knew she would win. I protest myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...