Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Thoughts

I never had an outfit post because I do not own any fashionable clothes. I do own some pieces that pass my standards of wearable clothing but I don’t think they’ll pass the “fashion blog” etiquette. However, the divine intervention that push me to actually blog about what I wore today is beyond my whim. It so happened that I basically changed my outfit for the day three times. I was out of clothes because my functional wardrobe was left in my boarding house and what I had at home were hand me down clothes that I failed to wear and might not actually wear (with an exception of mini photo op sessions) in my entire walk on Earth.

I was really determined to be sexy today and had uttered several self affirmations just so I won’t decline the challenge of wearing a sleeveless (under a blazer of course). But eventually, my “no-breast-skin-show-off” issue won me over. It’s not visible in the photo (because I used my laptop’s camera, my REAL camera is still on its way) but my cleavage is saying hello in that shirt! Okay. I’m freaking out each time it does. It’s weird I know but I’m more comfortable running the day wearing the 2nd shirt. The back part I guess compensates its lack of sex appeal on front.
Smile with tongue out

w1w2
w3

I’m stating my pledge in this blog today. I’m going to take an extra mile with my review sessions. I must not depend on the review center alone but it’s a MUST that I develop my own review program ASAP. I’m really planning to work harder this week and answer at least 300 sample exam questions each night. At the end of the week, I promise to reward myself.

1. Satisfy my tastebuds with CHOCO.
I’m  instantly looking forward to Friday! There are several wonderful brands but Cadbury just tastes different. (Of course they all taste different).

As Cadbury Schweppes' first mass-produced candy bar, the Dairy Milk brand pulls in more than $500 million in annual sales, with an estimated 250 million bars sold each year. That's not bad for a product dating back to 1905. The distinctive purple wrapping also has become synonymous with the company, which has branched out from the original milk chocolate concept to offer fruit and nut, caramel-filled, and even a Turkish-delight version of the traditional Dairy Milk bar.


2. Buy thrift clothes.
I’ve been reading from several blogs about thrifted clothing. In our country, we call it ukay-ukay which means “to scatter; scattered”.  Products are sometimes hanged or most of the time, just dumped on a table and it’s up to the customers to scavenge their needed pieces. All items are pre-owned and are imported from the US and other countries and are really, really cheap. I always buy my clothes at UU which ranges from 1-6 dollars and this time, all of my Fridays will be dedicated on buying some cute stuff there.

w5


3. Just BE Happy.
Jon McLaughlin - Beautiful Disaster
I had insecurity issues rooted from my past and until now, it’s still paying its occasional visits. It’s hard to totally shoo it away, but day by day, I’m learning how to.
“She would change everything for happy ever after
Caught in the in between of beautiful disaster
She just needs someone to take her home”





4. Just Work on It.
I have this big dream that I’m currently trying to achieve. It’s crazy. When I told my friends about it, some did laugh and others gave me their empathetic encouragement. I even laughed at myself when I first thought about it and I didn’t actually believe it’s possible. I just kept saying it is but deep in my heart, I don’t have the belief that it’s really for me. I'm always repeating what I learned from the movie Soul Surfer, where a line there states, “I don’t need easy, I need possible” and currently, I’m determined to make it happen. After all:

w6

3 comments:

  1. Lol at "no-breast-skin-show-off"! I guess growing up in Hawaii and wearing a bikini every day can seem kind of odd to others who don't spend as much time at the beach as I did. Every day after school I would go to the beach. Wearing crop tops and low cut necklines were normal, especially to fellow beach bums like myself. I think that's why I'm so comfortable wearing a teeny bikini or showing off a little more skin in public.

    ♥ Duckie.

    http://frikkenduckie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Yah. I think it's all about the culture. Ours is really into a more conservative type and ideal women must not wear anything that shows skin beyond shoulders, neckline and knees. lol. But through time, fashion and culture also change here but I'm not yet ready to show off some skin. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your blog sunshine! ^__^ yeah \cause even now on vacation i try to check out on you girl!hahaha i'm on my notes for our backpack tracking .. you're miss foxy and i like your golden tanned color! i told you pang- TOP MODEL ka b****!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...