Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Happy Choco

Let me tell you about something.

Today, my friends took the preboards, a simulated exam made to test how you’ll answer, react and survive the incoming licensure examination. I’m supposed to take the test too, but I wasn’t there. I was busy clipping pencils between my snout and lip.

 
In the Philippines, nursing will drain you with two things: MONEY and PATIENCE (which includes your valuable ability to sit still for 5 hours straight, sprint along hallways ...blahh, you get the point). And yes, I did graduate but I was inclined to process these hiatus of requirements before May 18, which at this point, I’m not even close to finish 50% of them. 


I won’t be discussing the technicalities of pleading people to hurriedly sign yours papers and the science of waiting 8 hours and getting not a single drop of ink on it.

8:30 in the morning. I went back to my boarding house to chill and wait. (That’s definitely how I look like while chilling) 


1:30 PM. Still no signs of the “target” signatories. 


2:00 PM. As you can tell by my feet’s availability for a pictorial, I still haven’t accomplished anythaaaang baby.


3:30 PM. Glad to tell you I’m still able to write this post.


Oh. Did I mention this post isn’t about me ranting? Ok maybe I did rant, a little. During the course of this oh so wonderful day, I kept holding on to this mantra:

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

Leigh Anne from Hart to Heart mentioned this on her post yesterday. Apparently, her search for a new apartment and my endless hunt for valuable signatures are two completely different dilemmas. But always, the line “don’t lean on your own understanding” strikes me.


Things of extreme importance pass our lives. They weigh too much. They make us worry. They make our awesome days awful in just one “blaaaah”.  It’s frustrating most of the time but I realize and I’m sharing this to everyone, everything happens for a reason, either for you or for the people directly or indirectly involved. Awful things happen not to artistically paint wrinkles on our Loreal worthy faces. They’re there to serve as a stoplight, a warning sign and a haughty ticket officer to tell us something’s wrong and we have to surrender ourselves for guidance, His guidance.


Life is till wonderful and it only took me a trip to the chapel and two pieces of sweetened cocoa to remind me that it is.

6 comments:

  1. Those pictures are just too cute and some of them funny too :D

    thanks for your lovely comment..following you..hope you'll do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off your signature is adorable. I love it.
    Also, I am sorry you spent all day waiting and sitting. That is seriously no fun. My roommate is going to nursing and it seems extremely difficult. So I am proud of you anyway! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh so hard! You make the best faces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. Your "chilling face" is awesome.

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog! Very entertaining and uplifting, found you via Dana at five30three
    Taylor
    www.thedailytay.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahah oh you make me smile :)
    awesome photos! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...