Sunday, April 8, 2012

What Really Happened

Wednesday until Friday were a total home vacation. I did all of the things I missed doing that can only be offered by our home. I think all those who stayed in a dormitory can testify about the huge difference your own bed can do with your sleeping pattern and how your mom-cooked meals could cure your suppressed hunger shock for the past college years. Okay, I’m trying to exaggerate my 3 day home stay because what I really did was to lay on my bed, stay on the swing, watch 20 year old movies on TV and eat boiled eggs and fish stew for the span of 72 hours.

In the Philippines, you’re not suppose to eat any meat/beef/pork for the whole celebration of the Holy Week not until Easter Sunday. And during these entire seven days, all regular TV shows and dramas are postponed and are replaced by anything religious in theme.

My Black Saturday was the complete transition because I was able to spend the night at my cousins’ house.  However, the highlight (in my own naïve opinion) was when I realized we we were actually sleeping inside a real tent. Aha, it’s the first authentic camping tent that I’ve ever seen and slept in my whole existence and that’s 20 years of total naivety.

It was full moon with the normal summer night temperature~ not too cold, not too hot. We were intoxicated with caffeine and sugar and were only able to finally say our final goodnights at around 1am. I woke up at 6 from the wonderful sound of chirping Maya birds and the mild morning cold. I definitely think it was one of my best mornings and it’s Easter!

q3q4
Easter Sundays mean beach and good food in our town.

q5IMG_4380
And it was even fun to celebrate Christ’s resurrection with these adorable people! Always, thank you my dear cousins for the amazing company and satisfying food!
 Open-mouthed smile
q
(and yes, the water was not crystal blue because that's a typical coastline and not an authentic beach resort :p)
q7
q1
q2




2 comments:

  1. It's great when you have some time to spend with your family :) I just returned home from a family trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's a must I guess, considering the amount of time we spent in school and other stuff. :)

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...