Saturday, April 14, 2012

Things Do Happen During Saturdays



One major thing happened, I finally got my camera! WEEEE.
It’s this Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS and it’s pink, just as I wished. It’s 12.1 MP but mind you, because it’s Canon, it does take really good photos!

And did I mention my pink cupcake nails? Probably not. And have you met my niece? Not yet. So here we go.


.
My friend has this amazing talent of doing nail art. During review breaks, she would paint some nails for a very cheap payment. She did mine for only 30pesos (probably half a dollar) and she can do several other designs too, like panda bears, strawberries, cherries and skulls. And they all look authentic!

And when I first got hold of the camera, my nieces became my very first models. They’re the persistent kind and won’t let me go without them being tired of posing in front of the lens. I wasn’t even able to take my own pictures.




I was so lucky last Thursday because I got these two free tickets for a Fun Run Activity. Fun Runs are the trend in our country these days. A nongovernment organization called Lion’s Club is hosting this activity tomorrow and they gave out 5 free tickets worth 2 dollars each to the highest scorer during our quiz in the review center. I didn’t get the highest score, my friends did and they gave those to me! two of those! I was so lucky until I realize I have no one to go to (I’m such a wallflower that I desperately need someone to go with me, I just can’t do it alone).

Wait there, I have friends, who, if not because of some unusual circumstances, could have accompany me.

Friend Number 1: Has a high fever
Friend Number 2: Sprained an ankle
Friend Number 3: Graduation Day
Friend Number 4: Out of town
Friend Number 5: At home (away from the city)

So yeah. I was SUPER lucky. I really, really want to join but things are not going as planned so runners no. 245 and 246, they’ll be missing tomorrow from the race. Sorry Joener, still I owe you these tickets. :)



And my last article in college was finally published! I wrote my first and last column for the university’s school paper.  The title is not that great because I really suck in making one.




These are the editorial staff as drawn by our cartoonist. I’m the one with pink cheeks on the right side. (I don’t even think you’ll be able to recognize). And that’s our doghouse, just in case you’re interested. lol




5 comments:

  1. yay!!! for the new camera. i like your writing in that college magazine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niken! :) I really want to make a good one for my last article :)

      Delete
  2. yay for the new camera! i seriously LOVE my powershot. i take it everywhere i go. i don't have an iphone, so i use it instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel an overwhelming emotional need to buy a new camera. You bought one, Tiff (coffeehouse) bought one, y'all are just rubbin' it in my face, my sweet innocent face:)

    Your friends all being busy? sign you should NOTTTT be running:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for the new camera! You totally deserved it!

    ♥ Duckie.

    http://frikkenduckie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...