Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What's Your Titanic?


Disclaimer: This is written from the viewpoint of a 20 year old female who never experienced "romantic" love until the time of writing this post.  

And yes, I have never fallen in love, infatuated, maybe.



I see love stories around me everyday.
I hear about them. I dream about them. I smile and my heart flutters because of them. But I always wonder how love stories are made. People said to be patient about love, always telling the loveless like myself that God's currently busy sewing the pieces of a perfect love story of him and me, my other half and the awkwardness can go on, my soul mate.

(via


And every time I hear love songs, I wonder who wrote them. I mentally travel to the time when those feelings were felt and melodies danced around them. I wonder about their story. I wonder if their hearts also fluttered because of the love songs that played on the radio. And I wonder how painful their heartbreaks were.

(via

I wonder how people realized that they have finally fallen to that jerk, to that boy band wannabee or to that best friend. I wonder how they were able to master the courage of saying those three words that only my mama and papa (and a few friends) mastered to tell me. And I wonder how they can let go of themselves for a total stranger and make him a part of her everything. 

And every time I see two grey heads walking side by side, I wonder how they can still hold each others hands like those teenyboppers in the movies. It seems that the most coveted spark stayed with them even after half a century of being together.

(via)


I wonder how love is created, molded or in any case, chosen.
I know all love stories are like fingerprints, nothing is similar to your own. Though I've never held hands with a male romantically, I always feel genuinely happy to see and hear wonderful stories of love. How about you? Tell me your own Titanic.

16 comments:

  1. I love the title to this post. Love just comes and sometimes not just once sometimes twice or three times for some people but you know it. You're beautiful and it will find you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dusty! I know love happens several times to other people and it's such an amazing experience, I guess. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for posting something so sweet and happy :) This made me genuinely happy too! Personally, the love stories I feel this way about are the novels of Jane Austen. They're all so romantic <3
    (I'm following you now, btw, so HI!)

    Zia
    http://singing-blue.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zia for following! :) I have never finished a book of Jane Austen, guess I just have to right now.

      Delete
  3. Love is crazy. In the beginning it can seem so wonderful and it is a truly great feeling. But unfortunately love also needs help to grow. It has to be a joint effort otherwise it won't work at all. But if you find a person willing to share their love with you and work towards growing that love to something even better, THAT is true love.

    ♥ Duckie.

    http://frikkenduckie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. That's exactly what I want to happen and find. A love story with someone who's willing to fight with me. :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a sweet and happy post - I love it!
    I have a weakness for a good love story, and they almost always make me cry! It's so amazing to look at an old coupld and see how much love they have for one another.
    I can only hope that my love story continues to be that good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyx! I think you're really a wonderful person and I'm sure, you'll be blessed. I am hoping and praying that your STORY will stay as you wish. :D

      Delete
  5. I am still waiting to experience the feeling of true love. To me it seems too much of a fairytale to ever come true, and how I would love to be in a fairytale (hey, that was good! maybe i'll write a post about it sometime)!
    I hope it does happen sometime of course, but we're young, and we have plenty of time ;)
    Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you stranger! Fairy tales are my first inspiration for love stories. They maybe a bit unrealistic but still, they're are as wonderful as i first heard of them. :)

      Delete
  6. Do you remember the scene when the rich women gives her fur coat to a maid? It is a nod to owner of Macy's department store who died on the ship with his wife. Google Isidor Straus and view the love store of him and his wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, the last time I watched Titanic was approximately 10 years ago and I can hardly remember the scenes. I googled it though as what you said and that made me feel weird. It's soooo sad yet sweet.

      Delete
  7. i love to read other's love story but i don't feel like write my own.haha.
    i think love has many forms. and eventhough i don't like to write my personal love affair i can say that i'm in love with world,,
    it one of many reasons you can wake up happily every morning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right! I'm trying to ALWAYS love the world, all of it :D

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...