Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Holy Week

Yep, I'm a Catholic though may not be that religious, I still follow several things that the Church says. It's the highlight of the Lenten Season and our review is postponed 'til Monday so I'm gonna go home and spend the Holy Week there. 


Part of our culture is what we call "pamalandong" which in English means to meditate or to ponder. You're supposed to think about the things that's going on with your life and try to take part on improving it. But in reality, what we really do is to stop the habits that are often times not good such as watching TV, drinking alcohol, texting (yes, Filipinos do text a lot, we were even proclaimed as the texting capital of the world but I'm not sure if that's an official title though), so it's a must that we minimize if not stop doing this during the holy week and in my case, blogging. So my dearest readers, I'll be absent for the remaining days of this week but I promise to be back this Easter Sunday. 


Even if you're not a Catholic, I still pray that you all have a blessed and wonderful week ahead of you! I'll answer comments and emails as soon as I'm back.

Love,

Ronida~

14 comments:

  1. do filipinos really text that much?? wow.
    i agree that indonesia and filipina really look alike. even the people!

    and congratulation on your graduation. sorry that i'm way too late to say this :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! We do text a lot. I had a phase in highschool where I kept texting every free time. I texted nonsense and even to people I didn't know. It's crazy. I think I'll do a blog post about it. lol

      And yes, I have a friend who went to Indonesia and we kept asking him what it looked like and he said it's absolutely like the Phil only with a different language.

      Thanks Nikskie, happy easter!

      Delete
  2. Love reading your posts! Congrats in your graduation and enjoy your blogging break (we all need that sometimes!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christianna! It was a fun break and I hope you had a great weekend too! :)

      Delete
  3. in italian Easter is Pasqua but here we don't do the stop.....! I like the painted eggs!! happy easter and happy break!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easter is also called Pasqua here! hehe. Happy Easter Romina! :)

      Delete
  4. I just discovered your blog and I it's so fun and cute :) following your blog, follow mine back?

    <3, molly
    http://freshsqueezedfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great holiday weekend, girly! Happy Easter :)
    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...