Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How to Use Olive Oil in Everything!



I mentioned before in my article here that I have been using several products from the kitchen as a beauty staple, one of them is olive oil (OO). I can't stress enough how everyone should know the great benefits of using OO. I was disappointed to only know them myself a month ago. The knowledge about this oil could have change my life. =D




What I did:
I took an empty bottle of one of these and filled it with OO and I also added a gel capsule of Vitamin E. You have to shake it well to disperse the vitamin E all over the mixture. It will become a little cloudy and by that time, it's ready to use!











So without further ado, these are the things I have found olive oil to be very useful.
1.) Facial Moisturizer


OO easily penetrates the skin and is not really greasy as to what is commonly known by many. It is best to apply the oil when the skin is a little damp to reduce the oily feeling. It gives a long lasting moisture retention and is very healthy because it doesn't have a single chemical in it. After washing my face, I just get 1-2 drops of OO from my container and apply it on my face. 


2.) Body Oil


You don't have to spend a big amount of money for lotions and body oils. OO can do the job. If you can use it on your face, certainly, you can use it on your body too! I tried mixing OO in my lotion before, but I stopped using it and switched to pure OO instead. YOU WON'T LOOK GREASY or OILY! I just want to stress that because when a friend heard about me using OO as lotion, she was like "ew". Again, OO is very light on skin even in a hot climate here in the Philippines.


3.) Hot Oil Treatment


I do this once a week. About an hour prior to shower, I get a liberal amount of OO and massage it on my scalp. The oil will just easily spread on your hair after that. I just then shampoo it like I would normally do. Your hair will be softer.


4.) Hair Serum
I just tried this recently.  I was normally using a hair serum I bought from Watson, the violet one but I just felt it to be very oily and gets very sticky in the middle of the day. When I used OO as a replacement, it wasn't oily and I actually think my hair was smoother.I just dab a small amount on my baby hair and comb it through.


5.) For the Lips


Cheapest lip moisturizer ever!


6.) Cooking


In my opinion and most people might agree with me, the healthiest thing you can cook your food with.


So what more can I say, enjoy this wonderful kitchen gem!



6 comments:

  1. Wow. These are great tips. I will certainly be trying some if not all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use olive oil on my wet hair and it is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Romina! My hair just feels so good every time I use it! It's a good make up remover too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the advice :) I will try to use it as make up remover!

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...