Thursday, March 15, 2012

This is Not a Fashionable Post

I originally wanted to post something about fashion because I love looking at those beautiful outfits (plus bloggers love those kind of posts, don't you?). But eventually, I figured out that I can't share a lot about the topic because I'm this laid back girl who loves to read fashion magazines/blogs while in her jeans and oversized shirt. It's fun to cultivate my inner femininity but honestly, I just can't pull it off. So instead of my mindless opinions about these wonderful pictures:

Pinned Image 
(via)

Pinned Image 
(via)

Pinned Image 
(via)

(isn't she lovely?)
and this

Pinned Image 
(via)

I'm going to talk about this:

 
(via)

You are not in a state of delirium.
That's a real house, carried by real people in a real life-setting here in the Philippines.
(Philippines is a real country too! naaaah! We're somewhere in Southeast Asia)

 
(via)

That house-lifting activity is not a fictional scene. We call that Bayanihan. Bayan means country so the word under the Filipino grammar basically means "being one" or "helping each countrymen" This usually happens in the countryside where houses are mainly made from light materials such as bamboo and nipa because by law of whatever-science-subject, you can't lift a concrete house. So basically, if you want to change your address,   just ask a group of  your muscular neighbors to pull out your house from the ground and off you go, hello new  location!

Question: Does this still exist until now? 
I have no idea. But I was lucky enough to witness this maybe 10-15 years ago. I was so amazed!  It was like


 


10 comments:

  1. Stumbled across your blog, and I love it! Great posts, and your profile is hilarious! Fabric Conditioners are pretty amazing! New follower!

    ~ Sarah
    classichomeschooler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! Haha. Yah, I love fabric conditioners.... <3

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love that film.

    If only you could move stone houses. That's what we wanted to do with the last house we lived in. It was a lovely Victorian terrace house, with high ceilings and deceptively spacious. We said, if only we could pick it up and move it.

    I'm going to have to find that DVD and watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow.....I love Victorian houses, too sad you have to leave it. :(
      Yep, before, I thought the film was too childish but it's really very good! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! I have never heard of that house moving tradition! So interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is... I am kinda hoping we are still doing it until now but I'm not sure about it.

      Delete
  4. Ooh I really like the second outfit. The house sort of reminds me of Up! With people instead of balloons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love everything with jeans! Oh yes, it's just really like Up! :D

      Delete
  5. I absolutely ADORE those outfits. Especially the first and third (Blake is gorgeous!).

    And my kids are addicted to Studio Ghibli movies so of course they've watched Howl's Moving Castle about 3 billion times. (Including twice last night).

    ♥ Duckie.

    http://frikkenduckie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't blame them, it's really a good movie! :)

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...