Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wednesday Wanna Happen #2

Majority of my childhood, I was confined inside our house since my parents are a little bit scared to expose their lovely daughter to the public. HAHA. I think I was kinda introvert ever since. Like I just want to play house, build towers with my legos (then cry when someone made a mistake of touching it) and basically talk to myself all day. I was contended with that. I was happy. And maybe part of who I am now stemmed from those numerous alone time I had as a child. It catered my wonderful imagination and created dreams that I'm just too determined to fulfill, until now.

I can't remember the exact reason why this image began to become my inspiration:


Sometimes, they look like tired turtles who are lost in the middle of a murky pond. (alright, it's a weird metaphor but just look at that woman's backpack and this turtle's "bulging" shell). Now tell me, don't they look the same?


Okay, so what I'm really trying to say is that I envy that woman and all other backpackers who can just literally carry an extra large backpack with them and set foot to anywhere they wish on the world map. I also want to explore the world or the Philippines as a starting point. I would love the thrill of bringing only 3 shirts and my handpicked underwear. I dream of riding a bus and being excited to reach a foreign place. I dream of talking to the locals; of eating their delicacies; of creating unique friendships; of learning more about life; and of learning more about my own capacity to venture places unknown to me.

I want to feed myself every single day with a good dose of wanderlust (a strong desire for or impulse to hike, wander or travel and explore the world: source) So that when the time has come that my resources and time are enough to secure me a safe and good adventure, I can start to pack my own bag and set foot to anywhere I wish on the world map, like these ones:







How about you, what are the places that you really wish to go to?

4 comments:

  1. lovely pictures! my parents were also very protective of my when I was little lol

    :)
    xx

    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi You,
    i've been coming on your blog quite a few times,
    thankyou for adding me to your list,
    i like your energy,which is full of life and joy....like the chocolate hills.

    i've never been to phillipines
    but i believe it has still a lot of natural beauty to it where as many part of the world are losing their due to the want of converting everything into money.
    While everything that is essential to life is also that which is'nt buyable, and is fragile and requires attention,
    we forget that the health of the earth is our health.

    we only destroy ourselves but destroying the natural equilibrium of our environment,creating imbalances that has taken so many many years to construct into this beautiful blue planet.

    But when i find blogs like yours it bring a light of hope....and hope we could travel and explore the beautiful earth for a very long time.

    i guess everybody is more or less conscious about the subject.
    Anyway, all i wanted to say is that you have a very sweet blog!:-)

    Enjoy your day!
    col

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dream of sometimes getting rid of all of possessions and traveling the world via backpack (or rv). my boyfriend always says "possessions posses" and that you should never have more than enough stuff than you can carry on your back. in theory, i think that's really impressive, but i just don't know if i could do it for more than a month. would still be such a fun learning experience, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I would love to backpack through South America - I think it would be amazing. I dream about it, but I don't know if I could ever have the time or the money to just... do it, ya know?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...