Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Why I Love College

Without sounding too proud, I must say that I'm graduating from nursing school in just a matter of 22 days! YEHEY!


But I can't stress how thankful I am for everything that college gave me. The changes, the people, the lessons and all the awkward moments that though extremely humiliating, gave me something to laugh at 20 years from now.


1.) My first night out (in a real club, with real alcohol and real get-your-hands-off me moment)
 I have to attend my bestfriend's debut in a bar! Take note: this is my first time wearing a dress in an event which is not a prom/wedding. Took 2 shots of margaritas which I adore because it's PINK!


2.) Appreciated the beauty of the rural area
This may sound confusing to those who know where I grew up. I came from a rural community myself not until we moved to a sub-urban neighborhood when I was 6. From then on, I just visit the farm once a week or even twice in a month.  Living in a farm is different from visiting a farm---a place where you are a stranger and not a neighbor. You will find how interesting ordinary things can be and you would surely appreciate the hospitality of the locals.


3.) Physical Education
I honestly thought that there's no PE in college, how naive I was back then. It was even more dreadful compared in high school. There was a time when I have to run a whole oval (can't remember the exact distance) and I wasn't even half of the goal when I felt all the blood rushing into my head as if it will explode at any minute. My eyeglasses fell down the field when we were doing jumping-jacks and I  have to crawl on the grass while the rest of my classmates were dancing. I learned to swim for only a meter in swimming class and YEAH, I still passed!


4.) The Hair Issue


I finally gained the courage to let my curly hair down occasionally and for the first time since kindergarten, I actually enjoyed the perkiness of my twisted strands. 
But I just can't resist to have it straightened! I just think it's more manageable this way and I like the look of it.


5.) Travel! Travel! Travel!

It has always been a dream to anyone in a tropical climate to visit a cold place like Baguio City and to go there for free is like a dream come true! We went there last year and I was awed of how cold the weather was. I came from a city where the temperature was 30 degrees and I suddenly experienced going out at noon time, with Mr. Sun up high and still battling the 17 degrees weather.

6.) Facing my Fears

 I was never a fan of amusement rides, I even fear a Ferris wheel! But I was able to ride a Sea Dragon, an experience I am proud of but won't surely try again.  The fear is tolerable, but the "pressurized" feeling in my chest just deletes the possibility of me trying it again. My friends and I were all smiles prior to the first swing, unaware of the impending doom. 

We were screaming, without any exaggeration or just for the fun of it and I was even crying. I HONESTLY THOUGHT I WILL DIE at that moment. It felt like my chest (I mean my heart) stopped pumping blood to my body.


These are just few of the must-blog moments in my college years. I know these things won't happen if I wasn't a student needing some adventure to keep her boring life productive.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...