Thursday, March 22, 2012

This is Not a Fashionable Post #2

Here we go again to my supposedly fashion-packed post. Everybody, presenting, the clothes I drool to have but would never actually wear!

I like this one because basically, it's pink and I'm a 20 year old adult who likes the "posh"  feel when I'm surrounded with this schoolgirl color.


How can she look so lovely with just this? But actually, I think the skirt and shoes are pretty cute!


I really love this kind of look. This is one thing that I always dream wearing. It's like shouting, "I'm a strong woman and capable of just anything"



And of course, I'm not going to talk about those pretty clothes but this one: 


Have you ever heard about cartons that bring happiness, love, faith and families together? 
Yes, they're plain boring this way but mind you, in some countries like the Philippines, they have this amazing power that whenever you'll see one, kids go ballistic because of so much excitement and all family members gather as one.

This is not just an ordinary carton. Filipinos call this a "Balikabayan Box". The word "balik" means to come back or to return and "bayan" is country. So in simple language, I mean in English, Balikbyan box is a box returning to the country of it's owner, which in this case, is the Philippines.


These boxes are most of the time, drastically covered with packing tape and are sent by Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) to their families back home. These boxes contain all the love that they have for their families: several folded clothes, tons of canned goods, bottles of perfumes, lotions, and shampoos, bars of soap, numerous toys and my personal favorite, bags of imported chocolate!

I would like to stress that despite the natural tendency of human beings to value material things, balikbayan boxes are just more than that. Sure, we shout hurrays because we have a new pair of tennis shoes, but based on my own experience (my mom worked abroad for almost 10 years), every time I feel giddy while holding a knife to cut open those boxes, I always, always think of my mother and how she really loves papa and me. Those boxes flew thousands of miles to reach us and my mom despite being lonely and sad in a foreign land, still made sure to fill them with her love.

2 comments:

  1. great fashion choices. i love the pain paired with the crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want Mila's skirt ! She looks great!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...