Friday, March 2, 2012

Why Rules?

I think this moment is significant. I’m listening to a pop music released 7 years ago and the lyrics keep on revealing words like “soul” and “you are my”. They are words that shout depth, ownership and individual struggle.
But right now, my mind is not directed to my own life. I am overwhelmed with the things that transpired when all I have done most of the day was to sit, stand and listen. I was stagnant for almost 10 hours but things happened, not exactly today but events repeated inside my head like they just happened now. I heard real stories about people I have been with for the past few months. I realized that there were some things I could have done to help, but I didn’t because I was too engrossed with my own petty concerns. There were hidden feelings that I could have realized if I just listened as genuinely as I pretended I was. And today, I listened again. I was trying to give the most appropriate response but I guess, an honest one is difficult to make if you have no confidence regarding your own belief. All I know is that almost all human struggles rise from the rude fact that we have an infamous responsibility to please society. Rules were created to tame humans. But the more we commit mistakes, more rules are built and new mistakes happen again. I know chaos is a product of no rules. But what if in the very start, there were no useless rules? I’m not asking of a society who does not prohibit murder, adultery, etcetera.
What if we live in a society that does not ask to separate individuals because of poverty and wealth, intellect and inability to learn, beauty and lesser appeal to the public? What if things were not prejudiced, would we still learn to commit mistakes for the sake of acceptance, affection and survival?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...