Friday, March 2, 2012

Perks of Frugality 101

I always have the eagerness to try new things now and then. I just love the idea of change coupled with the thrill of knowing the outcome. For quite some time, I have been inclined in "organic" and "home made" remedies for some famous beauty concerns. After coming across several ideas in stumbleupon and pinterest, I have tried several suggestions and was generally happy with the results. Here are my favorites.


1.) Sweet Honey on the Face


This is probably the best facial wash I have ever encountered! So gentle and has a good antibacterial property. I have been using this for almost two weeks already and from that time, I didn't experience any pimples, none at all.  It's a little uncomfortable at first but the moment you have rinsed it already, you will notice the difference. Plus I have read that honey has a mild whitening ability which is good for those who have darker skin like mine and needed a mild face brightener.


2.) Olive oil does it all

This is a life saver. I don't have to spend a lot of money buying skin care products after I bought a bottle of olive oil. It has then became my lotion, facial moisturizer, make up remover and hot oil hair treatment. Most people said that extra virgin coconut oil works better but I'm just using the regular yellow one and I'm still satisfied with it.

3.) Baking soda 

I used this before as a shampoo replacement because it does clean the hair thoroughly and is much safer for the hair since it does not contain any harmful chemicals. I also used this as a facial scrub by adding a few drops of water for an easier application.

I'll be posting more about these discoveries and the future ones. Nothing really beats the things in the kitchen! <3

2 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of baking soda. I use it on and in almost everything. Haha

    Imma try the first two in time. Haha. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must try it stat! Especially the honey. The most amazing discovery ever. =)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Happiness and peace be with you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...